Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kibbe Quiz


There is a system called Kibbe, short for David Kibbe's Metamorphosis.  I come up Soft Classic.

Also look at the visual versions:
Kibbe Illlustrated Bone Structure and Body Type
Kibbe Illustrated Facial Bones and Features

The Kibbe test:
David Kibbe's Metamorphosis example test

Bone Structure 

My vertical line is (not your height; we're looking for how tall you appear to be): 
a. Long (People always think I'm taller than I really am.) 
b. Moderately Long (People sometimes guess I'm slightly taller, but not by very much.) 
c. Moderate (People usually guess my height correctly, or aren't at all surprised by it) 
d. Smallish (People usually guess I'm slightly smaller, and my curvy figure is more noticeable than my height.) 
e. Petite (It's very obvious to everyone that I am small in stature.) 

The shape of my shoulders is best described as: 
a. Narrow, sharp 
b. Broad, blunt 
c. Symmetrical, even 
d. Sloped, but tapered 
e. Sloped and rounded 

The length of my arms and legs are best described as: 
a. Elongated, narrow 
b. Elongated, broad 
c. Moderate, in even proportion to my height and upper torso 
d. Small, slightly shortish 
e. Small, very short in proportion to my height and upper torso 

The size and shape of my hands and fee are best described as: 
a. Long and narrow 
b. Large and broad 
c. Moderate, neither long, broad, delicate nor small 
d. Small, narrow, delicate 
e. Small and slight wide 

Body Type (Flesh) 

The overall shape of my body is best described as: 
a. Long, lean, sinewy 
b. Broad, tending toward muscular 
c. Symmetrical, evenly proportioned 
d. Very shapely, a delicate hourglass 
e. Very soft, lushly curved, a ripe hourglass 

My bustline/torso is best described as: 
a. Flat, taut (I never seem to add flesh here, even when I'm overweight.) 
b. Wide, broad (I tend to add a little flesh here when overweight, but not much 
c. Moderate, in even proportion to my waist and hips 
d. Shapely, curved, more prominent than my wasitline (My torso is slightly short and I add flesh here, when overweight.) 
e. Very prominent, lushly curved (Whether I'm thin or heavy, I'm always "busty.") 

My waistline is best described as: 
a. Elongated, but boyishly tapered (This is true even when I'm overweight.) 
b. Elongated, but tends to be very straight (if thin) or thick (if overweight) 
c. Moderate, slightly defined, but not overly cinched 
d. Very small, in proportion to my bust and hips 
e. Softly defined, but tends to be slightly wide 

My hipline could best be described as: 
a. Tapered, straight, and boyishly narrow (However, I do tend to thicken here when I'm overweight.) 
b. Straight, slightly tapered, and slightly wide (Excess weight always seems to collect at my hips.) 
c. Moderate, in even proportion to my bust and wasitline 
d. Shapely and rounded, more pronounced than my waistline 
e. Extremely soft and rounded, whatever my weight 

The flesh on my upper arms and thighs could best be described as: 
a. Long, lithe, and sinewy 
b. Elongated and tending toward muscular 
c. Moderate, neither extremely soft nor extremely muscular or sinewy 
d. Soft, slightly short 
e. Very soft, slightly wide and fleshy 

Facial Bones 

The shape of my jawline is best described as: 
a. Sharp, either very pointed, very prominent, or very square 
b. Broad or blunt, slightly wide 
c. Moderate, symmetrical, neither wide, sharp, nor rounded 
d. Delicate, tapered, or slightly narrow 
e. Rounded or softly wide 

The shape of my nose is best described as: 
a. Sharp or prominent 
b. Broad or blunt, but on the large side, possibly wide 
c. Moderate, symmetrical, netiher overly large nor overly rounded 
d. Delicate, tapered, narrow 
e. Rounded or softly wide 

The shape of my cheekbones is best described as: 
a. High, prominent 
b. Wide 
c. Symmetrical, moderate 
d. Delicate, narrow, slightly rounded 
e. Rounded 

Facial Features 

The shape of my eyes is best described as: 
a. Narrow, straight, closely spaced, or almond-shaped 
b. Narrow, straight, widely spaced 
c. Evenly spaced, symmetrical, moderate size 
d. Rounded, slightly close together, possibly slightly almond-shaped or up-turned 
e. Very round and very large 

The shape of my lips is best described as: 
a. Straight, narrow, sometimes described as "thin-lipped." 
b. Straight, strong, slightly broad, but not full 
c. Moderate, evenly shaped, neither straight nor overly full 
d. Slightly full and rounded 
e. Very full, very rounded, and very luscious 

The flesh on my cheekbones could best be described as: 
a. Taut and flat, even when overweight 
b. Fairly taut, but I do tend to get a little "puffy" when I put on weight 
c. Moderate, soft, but not puffy 
d. Soft and fleshy, and may bet extremely full with excess weight 
e. Very soft, very fleshy, very round, even when I'm at my thinnest 

Hair 
a. Extremely finely textured (silky-smooth), either straight or with a slight bend 
b. Strongly textured (coarse, heavy, either thick and straight or wavy/curly 
c. Moderate texture, slightly wavy or with a bend 
d. Moderately thick, with bend, wave, or curl 
e. Extremely thick, with lots of wave or curl (with a soft surface) 

_________________________________________________ 

How to interpret your results: 

Dominant answers in column A: 
Extreme, sharp Yang - Dramatic 

Dominant answers in column E: 
Extreme, soft Yin - Romantic 

Dominant answers in column C: 
Balanced between the extremes - Classic 

Dominant answers in column B: 
Soft Yang - Natural 

If answers are an even mixture of the extreme opposites of column A and column E: 
Combination of opposites - Gamine 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If answers are dominant column A, with several answers in column E as a strong secondary force: 
Bold Yang with a pronounced Yin undercurrent - Soft Dramatic 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure should be Yang-dominant while your body type (flesh) and/or your facial features should be primarily Yin. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers are dominant column E and/or column D, with several answers in column A as a secondary force: 
Soft Yin with a slight Yang undercurrent - Theatrical Romantic 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your body type (flesh) and your facial features should be Yin-dominant while your bone structure should be slightly Yang-influenced. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers are dominant column C, with several other answers in columns A and/or B: 
Balanced, with a Yang influence - Dramatic Classic 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your body type (flesh) and features should be primarily balanced between the extremes of Yin and Yang while your bone structure should be more Yang-influenced. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers are dominant column C, with several answers in columns D and or E: 
Balanced, with a Yin influence - Soft Classic 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure should be primarily balanced between the extremes of Yin and Yang while your body type and facial features should be more Yin-influenced. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers are dominant column B, with several answers from column A: 
Strong Yang with blunt edges - Flamboyant Natural 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure should be extremely Yang-dominant while your body type (flesh) and facial features will be moderately Yang-dominant. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers are dominant column B, with several answers from columns D and/or E: 
Soft Yang, with a Yin undercurrent - Soft Natural 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure should be moderately Yang-dominant while your body type and facial features will be Yin-influenced. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers have nearly an equal mixture of opposite extremes from columns A and E, while you also have several answers in column B: 
Combination of opposites, extra Yang - Flamboyant Gamine 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure and body type (flesh) should be Yang-dominate while your features and stature are Yin-dominate. Your facial bones will be from the strong, Yang side. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If your answers have nearly an equal mixture of opposite extremes from columns A and E, yet you also have several extra answers in column D: 
Combination of opposites, extra Yin - Soft Gamine 
Note: To qualify for this theme, your bone structure should be Yang- dominate while your body type (flesh) should be Yin-dominant. Your facial features should be extremely Yin-dominant. 


In determining your Yin/Yang balance and resulting Image Identity theme that balance defines you as, don't worry if your readings don't exactly match the profiles given here. The point is one of overall balance on the scale, meaning that there may indeed be slight alterations here or there in your physical makeup. Strive, instead, to define which of the themes you most closely resemble, and use this as your guideline. Don't, however, define youself as a mixture of themes. The themes don't mix. 

NOTE: Kibbe does not label the D category. He does not have an Ingenue category, but one author suggests that is what it may correlate to in other systems.
Read: http://stylesyntax.com/blog/2014/06/30/soft-gamine-vs-ingenue/



Kibbe The Classics

soft or dramatic

soft or flamboyant 

Kibbe The Gamines

soft or flamboyant 

soft or classic

theatrical



Follow by email (see top right)
Send me an email: janerekas@hotmail.com Jane Rekas, LCSW

11 comments:

Style Gal said...

You can be typed and styled by David Kibbe in his NYC studio. This facebook group has all the information on how to make it happen :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/230782253719041/

Unknown said...

What about if you got mostly column D as a result? I couldn't find the results for D.

Unknown said...

Thanks unknown, I also got almost all column D with a few from E and B and I don't even know what D stands for. Any help Jane?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane Leu Rekas said...

Kibbe does not label the D category. He does not have an Ingenue category, but one author suggests that is what it may correlate to in other systems. Read: http://stylesyntax.com/blog/2014/06/30/soft-gamine-vs-ingenue/

...... said...

What if you got mostly E with C as a secondary?

Jane Leu Rekas said...

Probably Soft Classic?

Unknown said...

I got 11 A's, 2 B's, and 2 C's. I have no idea where this puts me, as I personally tend to identify with more of the "gamine" style- in spite of being 5'9"! I have no idea what any of this means. :( Any help?

Jane Leu Rekas said...

Dominant A is Dramatic but please click on my Closet tab at top of the blog for more (though it's McJimsey version).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Agent Kida said...

C dominant with D secound. Thank you.